According to the National Safety Council, slip and fall accidents are the single largest cause of emergency room visits. It is the responsibility of landowners and businesses to make their property safe for guests, tenants, and customers. A slip and fall accident can occur nearly anywhere and can be the result of several different conditions.
Causes of Premise Liability,
Slip & Fall Accidents
- Adverse Weather Conditions – Ice, Snow, or Rain
- Uneven Sidewalks
- Poorly Lit or Unmarked Pathways or Stairs
- Slippery Tiling
- Unbalanced Flooring
- Rippled Carpet
- Obstructions on the Floor or Walkway
- Falling Objects
- Escalator, Elevator, and Stair Case Problems
- Failure to Provide Adequate Security
The premise owners could be in violation of housing codes, local ordinances, or national safety standards that have resulted in serious injury. Premise/Slip & Fall injuries range from bruises and scrapes to broken bones and in some cases brain and spinal cord injuries.
Factors to Prove a Premise Liability or Slip & Fall Case
- Condition of the property was dangerous
- Owner knew, or should have known, about the dangerous condition
- Owner had a reasonable opportunity to correct or warn of the condition, which was not reasonably open and obvious to the injured party at the time of the accident
With over 40 years of experience, John Schuerman is a compassionate advocate for injury victims and their families while being an aggressive fighter for justice and full compensation for their claims. If you or a loved one have suffered an injury from a slip and fall accident, Call 1-800-274-0045 today for a free consultation. Evening and weekend appointments as well as home and hospital visits are available.