Injuries in the workplace occur all too frequently in the United States. Sprains, strains, tears, and back injuries are among the most common workplace injuries.
Common Workplace Injuries
- Overexertion (includes injuries associated with lifting, pulling, pushing, and similar activities at work)
- Falling from Heights
- Reaction Injuries (caused by slipping and tripping without falling)
- Falling Object Injuries (head injuries are a common result)
- Walking Into Injuries (caused when individuals accidentally walk into walls, doors, etc.)
- Vehicle Accidents
- Machine Entanglement
- Repetitive Motion Injuries (back pain, vision issues, carpal tunnel syndrome, etc.)
- Violent Acts on the Job (attacks at the workplace)
Defective products, toxic substances, intentional acts by the employer, and injuries caused by a third party are all examples of workplace injuries that may require legal action. If the employer doesn’t have workers’ compensation insurance, it may be necessary to sue the employer in civil court or to collect money from a state fund to cover costs associated with the workplace injury.
Is Workers’ Compensation Enough?
Injured workers who receive workers’ compensation often find that the temporary disability and permanent disability payments are quite low. Workers’ compensation also does not punish employers for dangerous conditions or poor safety conditions. It’s important for injured workers to have an understanding of their rights to bring a case outside of the workers’ compensation process. Remember, insurance companies are businesses. They want to settle quickly and for as little money as possible.
If you or someone you care about has suffered from a workplace injury, get advice from a trusted source. Attorney John Schuerman has over forty years of experience with workplace injury claims. He’ll fight aggressively for full compensation for you and your family. Evening and weekend appointments are available in addition to home and hospital visits. Schedule your free consultation today by calling 1-800-274-0045.